SGA Weekly Wrap-up, Week of 2/7/2016
Here’s some of the things the SGA got done during the first full week of the semester!
• Six vacant positions were filled during the SGA winter retreat. Sophomores Katie McClanahan. Brendaline Nettey and Bryce Anderson along with freshman Andrew Mintzer and Jazmine Jackson were all confirmed for positions in the SGA Senate. In addition, freshman Ethan Meyers and sophomore Rishel Chambers were confirmed for positions as Assistant Directors in the executive cabinet.
• Marketing department interviewed candidates for vacant graphic designer positions to be filled next week.
• SGA contacted Towson administration officials about the possibility of a mural being painted on top of the Glen Dining Hall to improve the view from the upper floors of the towers.
• Finished the planning and set a date for the Pre-Nursing Seminar, an event to inform Pre-Nursing students about the admissions process for the major, the TEAS exam and career paths within the field and other fields related to nursing. The event is set for February 25th.
• The Senate Appropriations Committee Finished a revised version of the SGA financial policy to be voted on by the SGA Senate at next week’s General Assembly on Tuesday February 9th.
• The SGA Senate initiated a plan for Towson to adopt a road in Baltimore this year.
• The Senate Rules Committee revised the internal documents of the SGA.
• SGA officers met with Towson University North Eastern Campus student leaders to discuss ways to strengthen their relationship and increase communication between the SGA and TUNE student council.
• Senators finalized the list of high schools SGA will collaborate with for the Higher Education initiative this semester.
• The Legislative Affairs department completed the planning phase for Tiger-Pride day, Towson’s annual student lobbying event at the Maryland State House in Annapolis. The department will now move into the execution phase of the event, which is slated for February 17th.