The Office of the Solicitor General (OSG) shall serve as a liaison to the undergraduate student body, as well as the administration, whilst advocating for continued equity and representation within the Towson University collegiate experience. The OSG is also comprised of the Student Advocacy Center (SAC), which acts as a supportive body to students or student organizations who have been accused of violating or are unaware of University policies and processes. By providing information on University policies and processes, this Office aims to empower the campus community through commitment, service, and leadership.
- To plan and execute the “Know Your Rights” campaign, which will educate the student body on their rights and responsibilities available to them on Towson University’s campus as mandated by the University Code of Conduct and the University System of Maryland.
- Conduct in-depth research on University policies in order to better advocate for the reformation of University and Student Government policies to better reflect the interests of the student population and campus environment.
- To eliminate any ambiguity and update any policies of concern within the University Code of Conduct.
- To call for the inclusion of an excused absence policy regarding mental health and resources for students without insurance.
- To develop and implement the Student Advocacy Center.
Office of the Solicitor General Student Advocacy Center Application
To apply for a position in the Advocacy Center please submit an application along with a resume to the Student Government Association’s Administrative Assistant in University Union Room 226 or via email to Chief of Staff Breanna McLarty at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 26, 2016 at 5 PM.
For any questions please email Solicitor General Omnia Shedid at email@example.com.
Committee Contact & Registration Information
Please contact Solicitor General Omnia Shedid at: firstname.lastname@example.org.