TU’s new SaferMobility app helps you protect yourself against potential or ongoing crimes. App features include:
- Profile feature allows app users to share health information to aid emergency response teams.
- A Geo-locator component to help police find you in an emergency
- Video capability: send real-time video of an ongoing crime, or video chat with Police Communications Operators.
- A mobile escort feature tracks your touch which if you let go, app sounds an alarm & calls the police.
- Instant message capability for when you don’t want to be detected.
The app is available for free on Apple or Android devices. To download, search for “Towson University” in the App Store or on Google Play and choose “SaferMobility.” For additional information and instructions on using the app, visit the Towson University Police Department online at: http://towson.edu/campussafety.