The Student Government Association would like to welcome you and congratulate you for getting involved! Becoming affiliated with the Student Government Association of Towson University is a pivotal step in having a successful student organization. Follow these THREE easy steps for creating a new student organization!
- Find at least five Towson students who would like to be a part of this organization
- Find a full-time faculty/staff member who will agree to advise your organization
- Create your student group constitution modeled after the template attached
- Send an e-mail to Chris Rindosh (email@example.com), Coordinator for Student Organizations, with an excel sheet with the names, e-mail addresses and TU ID #’s for your club’s founding members.
- Attach your student organization’s constitution. Have your faculty/staff advisor e-mail Chris from their TU e-mail account with a simple message stating that they agree to serve as the advisor for your organization.
- Set up a meeting with Chris Rindosh to register your organization on Involved@TU (www.towson.edu/involvedtu).
- It would be helpful to e-mail Chris a picture file prior to this meeting to use for your group’s profile page.
- Chris will review your organization’s constitution with you at this at this time and answer any questions you have about your new student group!
Once you are a registered student group, please follow these steps.