Student Organization Handbook
The key resource for student organizations is the student organizations handbook. The handbook include information on posting policies, re-recognition process, how to reserve a room, how to show a movie on campus, funding information, and pretty much everything you need to know as a student organization leader.
All student organization officers should take the time to familiarize themselves with the information found in the student organization handbook. It is your responsibility as a student organization officer to ensure that your organization adheres to the policies and meets all requirements listed in the handbook.
Tiger Stripes Program
The Tiger Stripes Program is a new incentive based program for student groups. It offers four different package options. For detailed information about these packages, please visit the Student Group Summit Presentation. To track your student group’s progress, check out the live updated Tiger Stripes Tracker Google Doc. More information to follow.
SGA is here to help
The SGA matches every student group with an SGA Senator. Senators can help student groups with budgets, supplemental funding, advertising, constitution revisions, room reservations, updating involved@TU, and anything else that deals with functioning successfully at Towson. Please do not hesitate to contact your senator if there is anything your group needs.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know who your senator is.
If you wish to learn more about the various funds, please contact the SGA Attorney General with any questions or concerns!
Important Links and Forms
- Advisor Role Definition Checklist (PDF)
- Advisor Recommitment Form (PDF) Tiger Stripes Program Requirement (Package 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Collaboration Forms (Link) Tiger Stripes Program Requirement (Package 4)
- Email Request Form (PDF)
- Judicial Appeal Request Form (Link)
- Office Transition Template (DOC) Tiger Stripes Program Requirement (Package 4)
- Parking and Transportation Services (Link)
- Philanthropy Form (Link) Tiger Stripes Program Requirement (Packages 2, 3, 4)
- Printing Services (Link)
- SGA Advertising Resources Request (Online Form)
- SGA Online Forms (Link)
- Student Engagement Record Form (Link) Tiger Stripes Program Requirement (Package 4)
- Involved@TU (Link) Tiger Stripes Program Requirement (Packages 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Travel Liability Waiver (PDF)
- Website Request Form (PDF)
- Advertising Ideas (PDF)
- Black & Gold Catering (Link)
- Food Waiver (Online Form)
- Events and Conference Services (Link)
- ECS Facility Reservation Form (Link)
- ECS Event Planning Checklist (PDF)
- ECS Guide for Student Organizations (PDF)
- Master Events Calendar Submission Form (Link)
- SGA Advertising Resources Request Form (Link)
- Blackboard SGA Finance/Budgeting (Link)
- Budget Change Request (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Financial Questions (DOC)
- Funding Policy for Student Organizations (PDF)
- Project Expense Reconciliation (PDF)
- Project Proposal (PDF)
- Service Organization Budget Form (XLS)
- Student Group Budget Form (XLS)
- Supplemental Finance Request Form (PDF)
Opportunities for Student Organizations
Involvement fairs are held at the beginning of each semester to showcase the many diverse student organizations on campus. Typically, over 100 student organization advertise events an recruit new members from the 2000 students in attendance. This fun-filled event is a great opportunity for new students to find out what is available on campus and for returning students to find ways to become more involved.
If your organization would like to register for the Involvement Fair:
Please log on Involved@TU to fill out the Registration form on the front page. Tables will be distributed on a first come-first served basis. Please be advised that by registering, you agree to abide by all Involvement Fair Rules.